Students and Seminars
We work with beverage students of all levels. From passionate enthusiasts to professional sommeliers, we offer programs suited to any depth and focus of study.
Lessons are held weekly, with the “Blind Tasting Buddies” group, which meets in the Fremont area of Seattle. Learn more at blindtastingbuddies.com.
Private coaching is available, for students who desire a custom program, tailored to accompany other studies such as a wine exam or work project.
Professional groups find benefit with our themed seminars and tastings, which explore essentials in the world of wine, from Napa to Naples.
Contact us for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy our educational materials, which dive deep into a variety of topics. Additional articles are found at our Savvy Wine Studies education site.
- Spain Map – DO regions.
- Canada Map – Wine regions by province.
- Corsica/Sardinia Map – Wine regions of the two islands.
- South America Map – Wine regions of Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil.
- South Africa Map – Wine regions of the Western Cape and beyond.
- IGP Regions of Portugal – making sense of the regional appellations.
- Burgundy Côte d’Or, 1er Crus – mapping the vineyards large and small.
- Central Coast, California – mapping the AVA’s by county, with local producers.
- Sake Rice Metro Map – The varieties of Sake Rice, mapped like a train system.
- Island Appellations – If a region is based on an island, find it here.
- Sauternes Estates – wineries listed, from the 1855 classification.
- Café Wine List – Classic producers from around the world.
- Jura Wine List – Producers of special styles from the Jura region.
- 400 Whiskies – American whiskey brands, listed by ownership.
Memory Devices and Study Guides:
- Bottle Sizes – ideas on remembering large format terms.
- Soil Types – a glossary of Geology terms, related to viticulture.
- Fungal Diseases – a list of 27 examples, affecting viticulture.
- Every Country, Every Appellation – a list of every winegrowing region in the world.
- Producer Organizations – a list of winery associations from around the world.
- Same Latitudes – a spreadsheet showing European cities across similar latitudes.